Wednesday 23 November 2016


"Films stumble into me, and they arrive uninvited, like burglars in the night. There are some films I can see so clearly that it’s as if I’m watching it in a theater. This is why I can write a screenplay so fast. I never spend more than a week writing a screenplay" 

- WERNER HERZOG, during an interview with the Washington City Paper, on his filmmaking. The German-born acclaimed director also explained that the pace at which young filmmakers work bums him out, adding “I see young filmmakers who come at me exuberantly, saying something like, ‘I shot 650 hours of footage and have been editing for a year and half!’ This makes my heart sink, because the market itself does not allow this kind of time and energy”

#WernerHerzog #Director #Filmmaking #Movies#Films #CelebQuotes

No comments:

Post a Comment